Your website is now live — How exciting! But the work isn’t over yet. Here are some tips on getting the most of our site and see a return on your investment.
Spread the Word!
When you site goes live, the best thing you can do right away is drive traffic to it. This will help Google index it faster and give you better SEO rankings because people are coming to your site. Here are popular ways to spread the word:
- Email Newsletter • If you have an email list – but sure to let your subscribers know that you have a new site that’s launched and how the new design will add value to them. MailChimp is our recommendation for email marketing.
- Social Media • Use your network of Facebook friends, family or co-workers to get the word out. You’d be surprised how far a single post can go once it’s shared and liked. Feel free to share away on all your social platforms: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Word of Mouth • If you’re as excited as we when you site launches – tell those around you! Get their feedback about your new online presence. It will come in handy when you consider changes and additions moving forward.
Ask For Reviews
Social proof says a lot about your brand and what you’re offering. Which means, online reviews are more important than ever because it adds credibility to everything you’ve worked so hard at. Here are some recommended places to get reviews:
- Google Reviews • When someone does a Google search and your business pops up – these will be the reviews that they read and decide if they want to visit your site. You can have customers google your business and leave a review OR you can send them a direct link.
- Facebook Reviews • These type of reviews are becoming more and more reputable. Don’t be afraid to ask your custoemrs to leave reviews here either. Ask them to share their review with their friends, or get their permission for you to share it.
- Testimonials for Website • Once the reviews start rolling in, we recommend that you gather together as many as possible to post on the site. Eventually, we can get a testimonials page where they can all live, or create testimonial features for greater impact.
Keep Things Fresh & Updated
After your site has be live for a while – it’s a good idea to keep things fresh and up to date. This shows that you’re engaged with your site and things generally aren’t being left stagnet This highly recommended if you have a lot of repeat or recurring visitors. Here are some easy things you can do:
- Switch Out Images • This will be most notable if you have sliders or featured images that visitors see right away when coming to your site.
- Colors/Layout • This is recommended if your site has been live for at least a year. Switching out colors on a button or the way pages are layed out goes a long way in letting your visitors know you’re paying attention and adding value to the site.
- Keep Information Updated • There’s nothing worse than having a website that is out of date with office hours, service offerings, or a staff member’s image that no longer works there. Keeping this up to date will simply streamline your business and keep customers happy.
Build Site Content
When it comes to Google – your site is viewed as either “Dead” or “Alive.” An “Alive” site is one that routinely attracting the attention of new and existing users by creating or updating site content. A “Dead” site is one suffering extreme neglect. I.e. – not being managed, not updated or taken care of. How you take care of and manage your site will impact your SEO rankings greatly. Here are some ideas to help boost your site content:
- Blog • You might not feel there is a place for a blog on your website, but studies show that blogging generally drives 30-40% more traffice to their sites compared to competitors. This is because Google will pick up a blog post before it will any major web page on your site. Blogging affords you the opportunity to become a resource and industry leader becuase you’re constantly adding thoughtful and lasting content to your loyal visitors.
- New Pages • Google loves new pages. They love seeing that you’re building onto your site. Whether it is new products or services or value able information. You can even take this new content and post it to your social profiles saying that you’ve updated images, content, new blog post, etc.
- Updated Content • If something in your industry changes, or your services change, be sure to update your site accordingly. Even changing a few words on a page is signal enough to Google that your site is “Alive” and being worked on.
Protect Your Website
Over 50% of website traffic is currently spammers, bots, malware, and hackers. Sites are being hacked left and right and if you haven’t already joined with us in protecting your site – we highly, highly recommend it. You may feel that you’re a little nobody with little reason to be paid attention to, but hackers are looking for weak points to gain access into larger databases and will wreck your site in the process. If your site isn’t projected, it’s only a matter of time before there is a breach. Our Maintenance and Security package help you (and us) sleep better at night knowing you’re site is secure.